In 1965, Pastor Chuck Smith began his ministry at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa with just twenty-five people. From the beginning, Pastor Chuck welcomed all, young and old, without judgment, placing his emphasis on the teaching of the Word of God. His simple, yet sound, biblical approach draws 25,000 people weekly.
With a sincere concern for the lost, Pastor Chuck made room in his heart and his home for a generation of hippies and surfers; generating a movement of the Holy Spirit that spread from the West Coast to the East Coast, and now, throughout the world.
What began as a small local church has now grown into an international ministry of over 1500 fellowships throughout the world.
In 1983, Chuck and Pat Lind moved down from Seattle
to start a Bible Study here in Olympia. By God’s grace, that small group Bible Study that first met in Chuck and Pat’s home has blossomed to become the church body here at Calvary Chapel of Olympia.